. . . as they say, must end, and this good thing is no exception. Two more nights in Africa -- tonight in Stone Town, the cute and quaint historical city that is Zanzibar's geographic heart and what is described as its figurative soul. Tomorrow night, in Arusha and after that we'll be sleeping in the air until we reach Canada again.
But it's been a great ride, and the last few days were no exception. We spent yesterday snorkelling through some amazing coral reefs. It rained and was overcast most of the day and believe it or not, was so cold on the boat ride back that we joked about hypothermia. What a great Africa story that would have made. Still, it was great fun. The beaches are nearly perfect, with long stretches of white sand, unbelievably clear water and an abundance of marine life. As I was snorkelling, I followed a small school of flying fish as they swam around just beneath the waves. Very fun.
Time's up at the Internet cafe . . . photos will be up soon at http://www.flickr.com/photos/neoviking, although I'm hoping I'll have a chance to blog again before then. Otherwise, for those of you who will be at the bbq at my folks place in Ontario, we can't wait to see you.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment